Another week has gone by, and we are almost into a new month! June seems to have flown by. I’m looking forward to the short work week this week, with the 4th of July on Friday, that equates to a 3-day weekend. I’ll be running the local July 4th race, the Watermelon 5k. It’s always a pretty darn hot one, but hey, ice cold watermelon at the end, and running with good friends!
This past week and weekend was okay. I took it a bit easier on the workouts last week, and I think that’s a good thing in a way. Yes, I want to drop a few pounds, but it’s also important to get proper rest and recovery. I also took off yesterday (Sunday) from my usual cycling workout. I was feeling a bit sore and just like I needed the extra day off. I woke up with a calf cramp in my right leg, so I’d say that was a good decision.
I got CPR certified on Saturday afternoon for my Galloway training group. It’s a requirement in case someone passes out or some other emergency occurs during a run. It was an informative class taught by a fellow runner who is an RN. I walked out with knowledge of how to help someone who has stopped breathing. While I have the know-how, I hope I never have to actually use it.
Basic plan for this week is to go to the gym today (did that before work this morning), run tomorrow, gym for cross-training on Wednesday, track run workout on Thursday, Watermelon 5k on Friday, and then an easy 4-5 mile run on Saturday. Looking back, it’s good that I took off Sunday, because I will be running on Friday for the July 4th holiday.
As far as last week’s goals…
1. Listen to my body. That’s just what I did yesterday! I took last week a bit easier to allow for things to be less stressed and calm down.
2. Back on my bike. Well, that was the plan for Sunday, but since I took a rest day, it got canceled. So, didn’t happen.
3. Website stuff. This one is still on my to-do list. Hoping to get some of it completed tonight or tomorrow night after work.
4. Spend time reading my Bible. I did start reading a study book I’ve got about listening to God’s will, so it’s coming along! I look forward to getting a closer relationship with Him.
This week’s goals…
1. Bible time! Yup, let’s move this goal right to the top of the to-do list. I did a lot of praying this weekend and I know that God is calling me to listen to Him more right now.
2. Rest. I need to be okay with resting when I feel like my body is telling me to. While I have these goals for dropping some weight, if I’m too tired or overdoing things, that won’t help either.
3. Clean my bedroom. Starting to get some piles of stuff going on, so need to get that better taken care of this week and get rid of anything not needed.
What are your goals, fitness or otherwise this week? Any plans for the 4th of July?