Happy Monday, everyone! another week is underway. This is my last week of maintenance before the official new season of marathon training starts. Since I’m doing my next marathon in February, I’ve got a bit more time before my mileage goes up. I’m looking forward to the new season with my Orlando Galloway group, as it’s my third season and my first as a group leader! Hoping I can help inspire other runners to complete their first half and full marathons.
This past week and weekend was an easier one for me workout-wise. I didn’t bike as many miles as I have been and that’s a good thing. We all need to take a break, an easier week here and there. I hope to increase my gym days/cycling and strength workouts in the next week or two again. Definitely want to keep up better with my cross-training and strength this season. It will only help for races.
I had a great time at Track Shack’s National Running Day event last Wednesday evening where I ran a 5k distance with fellow runner and Galloway member, Kerrie. It was definitely humid out, but always feels good to get out and run! Thursday morning was also a good short 3-miler for me. I saw a bit of my speed back in there which made me happy.
This week, I plan on heading to the gym after work tonight for a bike workout and upper body strength. Tuesday is a short run, may take Wednesday completely off, but not completely sure just yet. Thursday is another run, then Friday a definite rest day. Going to run at least 6 miles on Saturday morning.
As far as my whole thyroid issue goes…let’s just say I’m doing my best to keep my head up. I’m still not back on my T3 med, so praying it will happen today. All I can do is pray and stay as positive as I can about things. It doesn’t help to be upset and get down in the dumps.
Onto the goals! Last week’s goals…
1. Rest. I did pretty well on this one. Ha, well it’s always easier to rest when you tell yourself it’s really needed. I do love working out though, as crazy as that might be.
2. Blog more this week. Success on this one! I blogged a lot last week and feel good about that. Writing has always made me happy, as I can get my thoughts on paper so to speak.
3. Foam rolling. Thumbs down on this goal. I avoided that blue foam roller because honestly, it just stayed in the corner of my room. I need to put it out more into the open for me to see and get better with it.
This week’s goals…
1. Get back on T3 med. Vitally important as it’s going to take some time for it to get into my system. I really hope I can start it on Tuesday morning. We shall see.
2. Rest. I want to take the two rest days (Wednesday and Friday) if I feel I need both days. I think some weeks are okay with just one rest day (Friday), but other times, two days is very helpful.
3. Stay positive. Through this rough patch I’ve been having, I’ve been working on staying as upbeat as possible. Going to continue that line of thinking. 🙂
4. Work on running website. I’m sort of a co-website admin for the local Galloway running group’s website, so I’ve got some things to update in the next week or so, and I’d like to get some of it done or at least started this week.
What are your goals for this week? Would love to hear about them!