It’s that time again…time for the Weekly Chase! How was your weekend and the last week? My weekend was good, just not long enough! which of course tends to be the way it goes. I got in some great workouts last week which makes me happy.
I worked out a total of just over 31 miles last week between running, biking and swimming. Yes, I FINALLY got in the water! I honestly have not been in a pool or any kind of water (well, less for an ice bath, but that truly doesn’t count, ha) for years. I just think I was avoiding the whole bathing suit issue, but otherwise, it was just silly.
On Saturday, I ran 8 miles with my group, then did a half mile cool down walk on the track. After that, I headed to a friend’s gym for pool time. My friend, Penny is awesome. She’s a triathlete, heck she’s an IronMan who knows her stuff. She was so patient and good with helping me get started. I’ve got quite a ways to go learning before my sprint triathlon in September, but with time I know I can do it.
Then on Sunday, since Terrie was out for the weekend with an event, I was able to sleep in until 10am (which is pretty unheard of for me), and then after waking up, having some breakfast, I headed to the gym. I got in 8 miles on the bike, then got my shopping errands done. All in all, it was a good weekend workout wise.
Onto last week’s goals…
1. More rest. Well, I can say I got more rest on Sunday anyway. 🙂 Otherwise, I did feel better and more rested later in the week than I did last Monday.
2. Stop worrying about my weight. A hard one for sure. I did get into the pool in my swimsuit and not worry about my arms or anything, so hey, that’s progress, right? So, progress is being made.
3.Get in the pool! Totally got this one done. Now, I just need to get into the pool 3 days a week on a regular basis to get myself used to it and my form a lot better.
As far as this week’s goals…
1. More pool time. Let’s continue this one, and make sure I get into the water regularly from now on. Need to become a better swimmer.
2. Bike 30 miles. I want to get in as many bike miles as possible. I’d love to shoot for 30 miles if I can. Let’s see how that goes. 🙂
3. Reading! Still a work in progress, and I’ve got my Kindle with me most of the time now, so need to be reading it everyday. I’ve got a lot to read.