Happy Marathon Monday! Today is the day of the 118th Boston Marathon and I don’t know about you, but I’m excited! I’ll never be able to qualify to run the race, or run it at all (unless it’s through a charity), but I am pumped for it! Especially after the events of 2013, this year is going to be amazing for the Boston Marathon!
Last week was pretty good for me. I got in a workday 5 out of 7 days of the week (one day I even worked out twice!). So, I call that a good workout week! I biked last Sunday for 10 1/2 miles for triathlon training with my tri buddy, Terrie. Monday, upper body work and 6.25 miles on the bike at the gym. Tuesday was a group run of 3.02 miles with the girls. I took Wednesday as a rest day. Thursday, I was back in the gym for 7.53 miles on the bike before work. After work, I ran 2.62 miles with Fleet Feet Orlando for Boston. Friday was my second rest day. And Saturday, I ran 6.09 miles with a couple of the girls.
After the run on Saturday, I went out to the Central Florida Earth Day Festival for a couple of hours. I wasn’t too excited about it until I met some beautiful rescues. I met a couple of rescued parrots, chickens, an owl, as well as cats and dogs. I love animals, so that was the highlight of the trip out to Lake Eola for the festival for me. That evening, I went to Easter service at my church.
On Sunday, I did a triathlon training bike ride of 6.2 miles with Terrie. It was pretty chilly out as well as it was drizzling. Also, once we got on the trail, there was a headwind. We would have liked to have done 8-10 miles, but we did a bit less due to the conditions.
As far as last week’s goals are concerned…
1. Get in at least 5 days of workouts. Done, accomplished! I again did well on my training/workouts and that makes me happy knowing I can get my butt moving. 🙂
2. Pool time. Fail! I didn’t get in this weekend that I had hoped to. I do have a time set up to go on Tuesday evening, so I’m looking forward to it.
3. Use my foam roller/massage ball. Doing more thinking about this one than actually doing. Ha.
4. H2O, H2O! Did well on this one. Gotta keep it up though, never ends!
This week’s goals:
1. Reading. I’m not only still reading “not a fan,” but I am now reading Ben Greenfield’s new book, “Beyond Training.” Both are great books that I’m enjoying.
2. Workout 5 days a week. Again, this is my weekly goal. Two days of rest seems good. When I can get in 6 days, that would be nice.
3. Run for the Trees 5k. I’ve got this race on Saturday, and it would be nice to get a new 5k PR. 🙂
What are your goals for the week? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!