My apologies on the lateness of this blog post. I usually have the Weekly Pursuit up on Mondays, and here it is Tuesday. I know folks expect the post weekly on the same day, so I will do my best to not delay it in the future.
This past weekend was a good one. It started off with a 14+ mile run with some of my Galloway girls. I actually ran the whole 14.40 miles with my friend Melissa, and we had two groups of others join us for some of the miles. We started at 5am and had three other ladies who did 6 miles before we returned to the school, which is our starting point. Then, they were done, and we were joined by three others for another 6.2 miles. Melissa and I then did the final miles together. We hit 13.5 miles, and then walked the final .9 back to our cars. Now, we are ready for Stars Wars: The Dark Side Half Marathon on April 23rd!
The remainder of Saturday was spent getting a few errands done before I took a nap and hung out with my baby budgie. I’m still working on hand taming him, so it’s still a work in progress. He is already very interested in just about everything that I do, and he’s quite the entertainer. 🙂
Sunday, I tried to sleep in (tried being the key work there), but ended up getting up around 8am. At 9am, I watched my church’s online service stream and then sort of vegged around the house. Later, I headed out and hit the gym for a bike workout. My legs were sore from Saturday’s long run, but overall, not too bad.
My Fit Journey is going okay, I feel as though I’ve hit a wall or something though. That darned scale is not budging. On the good side, I’ve had a number of comments about how much thinner I look. So, maybe the scale isn’t the best indicator for me right now. I still want to see it lower a few pounds though! LOL!
Looking back at last week’s goals…
1. Logging my food intake every day. Got it done, check!
2. Hydration, especially since I have a long run on Saturday morning. Did pretty good on this one as well last week.
3. Listen to my body, rest when I need to. I rested on the weekend, so did good.
4. Write Winter Park Road Race race recap & BibRave review. Didn’t get this goal done.
This week’s goals…
1. Daily food intake logging.
2. Hydration, drink 60oz a day at least.
3. Write WPRR race recap and BibRave review.
4. Rest when needed, listen to my body.
5. Start reading new devotional each day.
What are your goals for the week?