Hey there, friends! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good, especially Sunday since I ran half marathon #27 at Swamp House in DeBary. It was a good race and while I didn’t PR (my time from the 2016 half there still stands as my half marathon PR right now), I finished with a good time. Crossed the finish line 2:57:24. Feel good about that time especially after running a half marathon last weekend at Disney.
This week, I’m back to my “usual” schedule of things seeing as I don’t have another race until March 25th. That will be the Winter Park Road Race 10k. I’m looking forward to a couple of weekends without a race since I’ll be able to run with some of my runner friends that I haven’t run with much or at all in a few weeks. It will be nice to do a few more social runs that aren’t races again.
I’m feeling more motivated and inspired the last few days. My #fitjourney is going well. I kept myself on track food-wise all weekend long, and didn’t even go crazy after running my half marathon on Sunday. I allowed myself a post-race smoothie and cookie and then stayed on my usual eating plan. Usually, I don’t keep myself on track after a long run or race, so I was proud of myself for that.
This week’s workout plan is to take two rest days (unless I feel okay on Wednesday which is my first planned rest day of the week – Friday being the other), run on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and cross-train on Monday. I will be running 7-8 miles on Saturday with some of my Galloway group. We are going to go run some hills over in nearby Apopka.
Looking back at last week’s goals…
1. Logging my food daily. Check, did this every day.
2. Hydration, gotta keep it up! Another goal accomplished. 🙂
3. Write Princess Half Race Recap. Sadly, this one I didn’t get done.
4. Get back to reading Fred Lebow book. Negative on this one, will have to improve this week.
This week’s goals…
1. Food logging every day.
2. Hydration, keep on keeping on.
3. Write Princess Half Race Recap & Swamp House Half Race Recap.
4. Get back to reading Fred Lebow book.
5. Listen to my body when it comes to needed rest.
How was your weekend? What are your goals for the week?