It’s Monday! Last week was kind of a whirlwind, with the swearing in of a new President and over-time at work. Overall, I had a good week. Got in all of my workouts despite feeling tired a couple of times and wanting to just take a nap. I’m not going to achieve my goals if I don’t get up and work for them. So, that’s just what I’m doing.
Yesterday, I got in a great run with my Galloway group. We combined two pace groups and it was a fun time. I ran 8 miles, while some ran up to 26 miles. A number of us are training for the 26.2 with Donna, and this past weekend was the final long run for the marathoners. I’ve got my 14-miler this coming Saturday for the Donna Half Marathon.
After the run, I had breakfast with a runner friend before heading back home. Since I’m not running with my Galloway group on Tuesdays or Thursdays right now (due to being 45 minutes away), I very much look forward to the Saturday long runs now. Having breakfast after with one or more of my runner girlfriends is a highlight as well.
The remainder of Saturday was spent mostly relaxing with my mom. It is nice to be about a fifteen minutes drive from my parents house, as it’s easier to head over for part of a day. We watched Friday night’s Blue Bloods, which she TIVO’ed and some other random TV stuff. I also enjoyed some time with my parents birds and mom’s guinea pig, Abby.
I planned on sleeping in on Sunday morning, but that just didn’t happen. I woke up a few times before finally getting out of bed around 9am. Since I was hearing the weather for the day was going to be potentially bad, I opted to get my gym workout done first thing. I’ve been taking my roomie, Pat with me a couple of days a week to the gym, but she was heading out for church.
Did just over 10 miles on the bike at the gym, which I was happy about. I need to up my time and mileage on the bike to get myself out of the 6 mile ‘comfort zone’ I’ve been sort of stuck in. That’s sort of the minimum mileage I tend to do when I ride the bike. Hoping to push that up in the coming weeks.
Finally, I got some new running shoes! There truly isn’t anything like a new pair of running shoes. That new shoe smell, and most of all, the feeling of new shoes on a run. I will be taking them out on Tuesday morning for their first run.
Looking back at last week’s goals…
1. Logging my food. Yes, I did great on this one last week!
2. Workout 5 days a week. Another successful goal achieved. Got in 3 days of running, 2 days of cross-training.
3. Hydration. I’m doing well on chugging my water lately.
4. Daily Devotional reading. Got behind for a couple of days, but back on track now.
5. Start book reading. Did not start reading my Fred Lebow book yet as planned.
This week’s goals…
1. Logging my food everyday.
2. Workout 5 days a week.
4. Read Daily Devotional each day.
5. Begin reading Fred Lebow book this week.
6. Listening to God. There are a few things I need to listen to Him about where he wants me to go or do.