Happy Monday! Hard to believe that January is more than halfway over…before we know it, February will be here. Thus far, it’s been a pretty good 2017 for me. I am settling in my new place and feeling happy and content. While I miss living in Orlando, being 45 minutes away isn’t too bad. I am seeing the change as an opening for new opportunities.
Last week went well. Not only did I get in three runs getting myself back on my usual weekly running schedule, but I found a local runner buddy! One of the girls I ran with a couple of seasons ago with Orlando Galloway lives about 20 minutes away from where I am now. When I posted on Facebook that I was seeking local running buddies, I was happy to learn that she was interested. We ran together on Thursday morning and plan on running together every Tuesday and Thursday morning. While I love my Galloway group, driving 45 minutes to and from the run each way in the wee hours of the morning is rough. I will always be there for Saturday group runs, but for now, I’m happy that I can stay and run closer to home.
January is also known as one of the busiest months at my job. That means over-time is constantly requested by the management team. I put in three hours last week and will be doing at least three this week. While I love the time and a half pay for the over-time, working it can be tiring. There’s just something about being able to punch out at that glorious 5:00 hour. 🙂
On Saturday, I ran 14 miles, you can read about my virtual Disney Half in the previous blog post. I was definitely happy for the nice weather and being able to get in some quality miles not only for my half medal, but for 26.2 with Donna Half Marathon training. That race is in 26 days and I am really looking forward to it. DONNA was my first marathon and I’ve run the half once before (ran the marathon again in 2015), so it means a lot to me. Not to mention that a lot of runner friends are doing the half or full marathon, so I will be able to see a lot of familiar faces that weekend.
Looking back at last week’s goals…
1. Logging my food. I did well with this one. And, I’m right on track with my calories and all!
2. Workout 5 days a week. Got this one accomplished too!
3. Hydration, drink up! I am doing the best at my water intake than I’ve done in awhile.
4. Daily Devotional reading. Was behind on this, but I got caught up this weekend, so I’m now back on track.
5. Blogging regularly. I did get up three posts, but the third one went up on Sunday. I had hoped to get it up late Saturday, but didn’t happen.
As for this week’s goals…
1. Logging my food. Keeping this one on the list, will be ongoing.
2. Workout 5 days a week. Three run days, two cross-training/strength.
3. Hydration. Got to keep it up!
4. Daily Devotional reading. Need to read it every day and not have to play catch-up.
5. Start book reading. I’ve got “Anything for a T-Shirt,” the book about Fred Lebow on my bookshelf, time to dig into it!