As I write this post, it’s about 8pm and prime-time television is about to come on. Specifically, it’s Dancing with the Stars night. While I’m not a huge fan, I’ve enjoyed watching this season since Olympian Laurie Hernandez is on. I’m more of a drama and sit-com fan when it comes to television series and shows these days, but Dancing with the Stars is fun to watch.
I’m starting to think about next year a lot. 2016 hasn’t been a horrible year, but it also hasn’t been a great year either. I’ve not felt overly excited about much, and my generally motivation has been lacking, especially the last few months. I know it’s partially due to my thyroid and depression, but I don’t know…I suppose it didn’t help that I felt as though I didn’t have any big goal of some sort this year for myself. That’s going to change in 2017.
This past weekend was motivational. Motivational mostly because I was able to watch the TCS NYC Marathon on Sunday and live track a number of friends running the five boroughs. It made me really anxious to go back up to New York to run again, if I wasn’t already antsy enough to do it.
Saturday was good because it was a run day. I always love my running days, even when the run may not go well, I never every regret a run day. It was a pretty easy one for the group, as we had six miles on the schedule. I did end up with 7 miles of running and one mile of walking at the end, for a total of 8 miles. We had great weather, and that always makes me feel better after the crazy humidity we usually are dealing with here in Florida.
The whole time change thing threw me off Sunday. To be honest, I’m still off. Even though the clocks went back an hour, I’m STILL tired. I didn’t sleep well the last couple of nights, so hoping for improved sleep this week! With a 14 mile training run coming up on Saturday, I need some quality rest!
Looking back at last week’s goals…
1. Logging food daily. I’d give myself a 4 out of 5 on this one. I mostly logged, but not every single thing like I need to be doing. I find that I got really off with it over the weekend for some reason.
2. Hydration. Let’s keep this going! This one gets a 3 out of 5, I can definitely do better.
3. Daily Devotional reading. Still not completely caught up, so 4 out of 5 for this goal.
4. Listening to my body. Well, I’m resting and napping when I feel like I should! I’m just not happy with the fact that I feel my energy is still lower than it should be overall. Give it a 4 out of 5.
This week’s goals…
1. Logging food daily.
2. Hydration. With a 14-miler Saturday, very important!
3. Daily Devotional reading.
4. Working on my motivation. 🙂
What are your goals this week?
Anyone run long or race this past weekend?