Last week was a whirlwind for me. It seemed to be non-stop craziness at work. By the time Friday 5pm came, I was more than eager to log-off (although I ended up working almost 30 minutes later). On Saturday morning, some of my running group ran out in Apopka to get some hill work in. With NYC Marathon in about 4 months (it’s sure creeping up!), I need as much hill work as I can get. Florida doesn’t have a lot of opportunity for it, so we tend to have to drive out to Apopka or Clermont to get in some kind of elevation running.
We met at 5:30am and did 6.80 miles. I actually felt pretty good on this run. A couple of parts required a bit of a push, but I felt good with being out there. The humidity and heat is still pretty nasty (which will continue for us here in Fl), but I think I just might be getting more used to it. After the run, we had breakfast at the nearby Panera. It’s nice to be able to hang out a bit with my running friends and of course enjoy some food.
After getting in a couple of errands, I ended up spending the afternoon watching Law & Order on television. Then, I headed out for church that evening. Pastor Joel gave a great sermon on praying and being a sheep without a Shepard. Bible verses, Matthew 9:36-38 were the main references. How we have such great problems in our lives, but so many don’t know where to go. We also prayed for a group of families going on a mission trip to Jamaica. I missed last week’s sermon on hospitality, so I’ll be listening to the audio podcast tomorrow.
Sunday is the day I usually can sleep in. Despite not having an alarm set, I woke up around 8:30am and decided to get moving (well, sort of). I didn’t do much or leave the house however until almost lunchtime. Flipping on the TV is not necessarily the best way to get your butt going. I also found myself debating whether I wanted to get in my gym workout first thing, or later in the day. In the end, I showered and went out to get my hair trimmed (3 inches gone!). I then sort of wandered around town a bit looking around stores, basically wasting time. After a late lunch, I got in my cross-training workout.
I’m feeling a bit more content right now with things than usual. By that, I mean I think the dose increase on my anxiety meds is affecting me. I find myself wanting to do this or that, but then unless I have to get something done in a certain allotted time, I dilly dally around about it. I’m hoping this will even out better, because I need to feel motivated and not like I want to just sit around.
Looking at last week’s goals…
1. Hydration. This goal went better, as I hit my daily goal on most days. With a long double-digit mile run this coming weekend, I need to improve on that.
2. Website updates. I actually *just* got this one done today. Well, better late than never, eh? I definitely feel better and accomplished that I can check it off my to-do list.
3. Workouts. Goal was to workout 5 days last week. What actually came about was a gym workout on Monday, followed by a run on Tuesday morning. I took a rest day on Wednesday, then ran again on Thursday. Friday was another rest day, followed by Saturday’s hill run.
4. Photography. Blah, no go on this one. My trusty image-capturing-device didn’t end up seeing the light of day outside of it’s bag last week.
This week’s goals are…
1. Workouts. I’d like to get in a gym workout on Monday after work, then my run on Tuesday morning. I’ll take Wednesday as a rest day, then run again on Thursday. Friday will likely be a rest day, since Saturday should be the day of my 12 mile marathon training run.
2. Hydration. Aiming for 100% compliance on this goal this week! I’m going to keep reminding myself throughout the day to chug, chug, chug that water!
3. Photography. With the three-day 4th of July weekend, I should be able to get out and do some photography adventuring.
4. Car insurance. I need to call around and get a better rate on my car insurance. I’ve been with the same company forever and I know I’m paying more than I should be.
How was your weekend?
What are your goals for this week?