December 28. Achieve.
Whatâ€™s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine youâ€™ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
When I first read today’s prompt, I knew my answer right away. The thing I most want to achieve is moving back to Asheville and out of Florida for good. There is no question in my mind that I am going to achieve this goal in 2011.
I will feel happy, free and complete when I move back to Asheville. I know deep down in my heart that it is the place that I want to live and raise my future family. For me, Asheville is the best place to continue my life and do everything I want to do creatively. Sometimes, you just know a place is home and that is how I feel about the mountain town.
As far as things I can do to experience that feeling today is to work as hard as I can do achieve my dream. Each time I talk to my friends currently living up in Western North Carolina, I get a small feeling of happiness that my time is coming very soon to be back. They are my ties to the place until I actually get the opportunity to move back. Hereâ€™s a few more things that came to mind that I can do to keep myself close to the feeling I will have once I achieve my ultimate goal:
1. Write more. No one can get a book written with my name on it but me, and writing makes me happy and complete.
2. Photography. Going out and taking pictures has been a love of mine for years. When Iâ€™m out there, just me and my camera, I feel content and whole with life. Thereâ€™s nothing like seeing the world through a camera lens for me.
3. Races. The local 5ks and other run/walk events are great. I love going out there and doing them, I get an adrenaline rush and I just feel amazing, especially crossing that finish line.
4. Continue to push myself. I have learned that I am capable of so much more than I ever gave myself credit for. Each day that I push myself to go beyond the limits of what I think is possible, I amaze myself. That feeling is like no other.
5. Keep my head up, think positively. This also involves staying close to God. Positive thoughts and prayer will help me get through each day in the best way possible.