December 11. 11 Things.
What are 11 things your life doesnâ€™t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
This was another prompt that required some time to really think. Making a list is a good thing, I make lists all the time for even simple things like what I need to get at the store. Lists not only help organize things, but they aid me in making sure I know what needs to get done. That said, here are the eleven things my life doesn’t need in 2011.
1. Florida. I can’t wait for the day to come when I can move back to Asheville and escape Florida for good. Of course, my family is here, so I’ll come back for visits, but nothing more than that.
2. Procrastination. I need to stop procrastinating with my writing and start submitting to publishers next year. It’s so easy to make excuse after excuse, but that doesn’t get my work out there.
3. Not writing enough. This sort of goes hand in hand with #2. I need to make more time to do more writing. I used to write a lot more than I have been and need to return to that again.
4. Negativity. I’ve done a lot better with this in 2010, but I need to continue to think more positively in the new year.
5. Clutter. Again, I’ve done better with this since I was forced to move back to Florida and in doing so getting rid of a lot of things I owned. But, I still tend to pile up papers and mail and just let things slide by like that and not simply go through it and discard or do whatever needs to get done with it.
6. Unnecessary purchases. This is another thing I’m slowly but surely improving on, but want to do even better on in 2011. Thinking more before I buy something that I not only don’t need, but really can’t afford.
7. Lack of a church home. I was going to this great church about 30 minutes from home and just stopped going for a few reasons. Of course, when it comes right down to it, none of them were really very good reasons. I need to find a church home that I’m willing to give my all to and that I feel comfortable in.
8. Negative self-image. Another thing I’m a lot better at since I’ve lost weight, but that needs more improvement. I think it’s an everyday struggle sometimes to be nice to you. Loving who you are is very important, no matter what.
9. Being single. I’m tired of being single all of these years. I’d like to find someone who loves me for me and who I want to spend the rest of my life with and start a family with.
10. Anxiety over finances. It’s really not worth the potential ulcer I could be causing myself when I fear what might happen if this occurred, or what if that… bottom line, I need to work on not worrying so much about money. Better planning will definitely help this a lot.
11. Not going out enough. I spend a good deal of my free time alone doing my own thing. Usually, I’m quite content with that, but I do need to get out more often socially. Meet new people and make new friends, always a good thing.