Wow, it’s hard to believe that 2020 is right around the corner! I’ve been thinking about my goals for the new year, and while some haven’t been completely worked out yet, I have a basic idea of things I want to do/accomplish.
1. Start a vlog. I’ve been a bit nervous about getting myself on video, but I’m going to work on getting through that next year. I’m going to start a vlog/youtube channel where I can chronicle on video some of my running musings, product reviews, and talk about other running and fitness stuff. Working on a name for the vlog, so suggestions are welcome!
2. Read regularly. This has been something I’ve been so bad at all year. My goal is to read every single day next year. Going to schedule in the time to begin with, so that I get back into the habit of reading books again. My stack of to-be-read is way too big right now.
3. Speed work for running. Because of my shortness of breath issues, my speed work basically came to a halt this year. My goal is to get back onto the track and get speed workouts going again so that I can work on my speed.
4. Continue my Intermittent Fasting. This has worked well for me the last 5 weeks or so that I’ve been doing it. I’, already down 3lbs! I average 12-13 hours of fasting daily, going to work my way up to at least 14, though I’d love to do 16 hours in the future if possible. I feel better doing IF and I like that.
5. Strength training. Another fitness-related goal for 2020. I want to get in strength workouts regularly again. Also, doing a plank a day would be great. I love what it does for my core strength.
6. Drink more water daily. I feel like I can ALWAYS be drinking more water. So, I’m going to shoot to drink at least 60 ounces of water per day. Always makes me feel better when I’m well hydrated.
7. Listen to more podcasts. I’m fortunate in that I work from home, so listening to a good podcast when I’m not making phone calls is possible. I also got an awesome blue-tooth speaker for Christmas, so perfect chance to utilize it more!
What goals do you have for 2020?
Any suggestions for a name for my new vlog?