So, you have a runner in the family, or a friend who hits the pavement on a regular basis. All she/he talks about is running shoes, compression sleeves and bling. But, what do you get that special athlete in your life? Here are some ideas to consider. Some are under $10!
1. Gels. Namely, Huma Gel or Island Boost. These two gel companies are under-rated in my opinion and while I still use Gu gels, I prefer these over a Gu any day. Your local running store or bike shop might sell them, but otherwise, check out the links or Rei to buy online. Huma is made with chia, while Island Boost is made with coconut water.
2. Bondi Bands. My headband of choice! They are comfortable, stay put and wick sweat. Oh, and you can get them with all sorts of fun sayings or designs. Go to bondiband.com to order.
3. Zensah sleeves. You can wear them during your run or after for recovery. I use them both ways, especially on longer runs or in half or full marathons. Head over the Zensah website or your local running store to purchase.
4. Yurbuds. I was introduced to yurbuds earlier this year and now I won’t wear anything else. They stay in my ear and I hardly know they are there. They made a few different kinds, so choose the one that works best for you.
5. Starbucks Gift Card. Let’s me honest, most runners love coffee. I know I made a bee-line for the stuff after every Saturday run (and every other day of the week). So, a gift card for coffee (or tea if that’s their preference) is always a great gift.
7. Medal Hooks. Running on the Wall makes some of the nicest medal hooks as well as bib holders. I got one for a gift this year and love it. They can be personalized or specialized to make them your own.
8. Skirt Sports. My FAVORITE running skirt and in my opinion, the best out there. They make a few styles and that lady runner in your life will love you for it. If you’re not sure what skirt to get your runner, they also have gift certificates! Head over to Skirt Sports to order. And, look to the right side bar for a special discount code!
9. Running socks. My current favorite has become the Feetures line, which kept me from getting my usual blisters at my 2nd marathon earlier this month. They are available online or through your local running store.
10. Runner’s World subscription. If your runner doesn’t already get this magazine delivered to them every month, it makes a great gift! It’s a great read every month! Go to runnersworld.com to order a sub.
A few other ideas:
– Race entries – always a nice gift!
– Running store gift cards
– Running jewelry
– iTunes gift cards – helps your runner update their playlist!