Considering my last post was entitled as a day (Monday), I debated on calling this one simply Five Things. But, either way, it’s still five things on a Friday! Some weeks are just less blogginess…I know, that’s not really an actual word. LOL This particular Five Things however, is themed. It’s all about the things I’m loving for whatever reason right now.
1. Blanca. Who is Blanca? She is a new Christian artist that I am loving right now. I mostly listen to Christian music these days and so when I went into my local Lifeway this past weekend, I spotted her CD. I had heard one of her songs on my local station, Z88.3, but didn’t know much about her. I was able to listen to audio samples at the store and right away, I knew I wanted to buy a copy. It has since become my favorite CD currently on in my car. If you are a fan of Mandisa or Francesca Battistelli, you’d love Blanca.
2. Skirt Sports Tantrum. I love ALL of my Skirt Sports skirts and clothes, but one of the newest prints, Tantrum has become one of my current favorites. It is so colorful and can be worn with just about any color top. Gotta love how versatile it is. Be sure to check it out, along with the summer sale over at Skirt Sports where right now through 8/12, you can get some awesome running outfits for up to 40% off!
3. Vega Protein & Greens. Every morning since the end of March, I’ve had a Vega smoothie for breakfast. In the last couple of months, I’ve specifically had the Vega Protein & Greens Berry or Chocolate for breakfast. I blend it with 8oz of unsweetened almond milk, ice and sometimes frozen berries. It has become something I very much look forward to each morning. For the longest time, I was an avid oatmeal in the morning girl, but this is so much better! Also, it has much more of the nutrition I need to start the day and keep me full through lunch.
4. Running group. I love my running group. I’m in my second year as a group leader, and I feel like I’ve been able to help some of the newer runners push through some of their longest runs to date. I had two great group leaders when I joined Galloway, and I know their encouragement and advice meant a lot. I love the friendships we are able to make with each other on the road. Running friends are some of the best friends you can have. We understand so much about one another. I can’t imagine not running with a group anymore.
5. Salty foods. I know I’m marathon training when some of my food cravings include wanting salty things. I’m keeping my food intake under control, but I’m definitely eating more things like pretzels, pop chips and such. Another favorite is lentil chips from Mediterranean Snacks. I love their stuff. I just wish I could find the rosemary flavored lentil chips in Orlando.