TGIF! It’s my favorite workday of the week. Notice I said, WORKDAY, not day. My favorite day of the week would be Saturday. I mean, it’s the start of the weekend, and it’s my long run day with my Dream Chasers group. Sure, I have to get up well before the sun comes up, but it’s oh so worth it in the end. Running has brought so many great people into my life that I’m proud to call friends.
I have been wanting to blog more this week, but my ADHD has gotten the better of me and I’ve done just about everything but blog since Monday. There’s such a thing as too many thoughts and ideas floating around in your head, and that is definitely the case for me. Besides work, my thoughts these days are pretty centered on New York and the DONNA. I am so glad that I am able to roll these two into one as I train for my fifth marathon.
1. NYC Marathon Training. I’ve got my 17 mile training run tomorrow, which is exactly 90 days until I am actually in NYC at the starting line of my dream race. It will be at the forefront of my mind as I pound the pavement starting at 3:30am Saturday morning. And yes, you read that time correctly. Got to get in those miles as early as possible in the humidity that is known as the summer in Florida.
2. Please Donate! My Skirt Sports giveaway for donating at least $10 to the 26.2 with Donna ends on Saturday at 12pm Eastern. This is a great time to get in on not only helping an amazing cause, but there are only 4 entries! Your chances of winning one of the gift certificates is good. 🙂 You can donate here.
3. DONNA Ambassador. Today is also the last day to apply to be a 2016 race ambassador for the 26.2 with Donna. I LOVE being an ambassador, it’s such a rewarding experience with awesome people. If you have been wavering on putting in an application, this is your last chance! I love the cause so much, and if you have passion for the race and finishing breast cancer, apply!
4. Friend Needing Prayers. My friend who just had breast cancer surgery a couple of months ago is having her second, reconstructive surgery this morning. She is also having a lump removed from her thyroid. Your prayers and positive thoughts are very much appreciated at this time.
5. Bondi Band sale. Today, for one day only, Bondi Band is having a BOGO sale on the $9 headbands. Get two bands for the price of one! It’s a headband that will stay in place during your workout and keep sweat out of your eyes. Plus, you can get some really fun designs and sayings. Use code: GIVEMEONE
Have a great weekend, everyone!
If you are racing or doing a long training run, have a great run! 🙂