I thought this would be the best way to get a few things posted. It’s been a great week (well, besides having to work the day after Christmas, would be nice to have it off!), and the weekend is going to be even better.
1. Christmas with the Family. It was a nice Christmas Eve and Day with my family. I spent the day with my mom, dad and brother as well as our feathered babies. My birds were happy about being able to visit with Rocket and Peachy (my parents birds). We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve since things the last couple of Christmas mornings always get crazy with everyone waking up at different times, etc. This proved to be a good idea in the long run. I wasn’t expecting much or anything really as I told my parents that I just wanted to be with the family on Christmas. Since I wouldn’t tell her what I wanted, mom went on my blog and bought me the Under Armour storm hoodie I’ve been wanting for so long. How awesome is she? I also got a bib holder for my ever-growing pile of race bibs as well as a great framed collage of 3 pics of me with the words, “God is my Strength” on it. Mom and I took a short walk on Christmas morning in the neighborhood. After eating too much Crispix mix and Twizzlers, we had a nice spaghetti dinner. Before I headed back to Orlando, we went out and looked at lights in the neighborhood. All in all, a great time, I just wished it lasted longer. 🙂
2. Biggest Loser Half. I’ve got my last race of the year this weekend, and I’m excited! It’s The Biggest Loser Run/Walk Half Marathon in Panama City Beach, FL. This is about 6 1/2 away from Orlando, so I’ll be driving over early Saturday morning and returning on Monday afternoon. I’m staying with some of my fellow Dream Chasers in a condo rental so it will definitely be a fun time. Also, I’m very much looking forward to finally meeting some of the contestants from previous Biggest Loser seasons that I’ve come to know a bit online.
3. Race Giveaway! Speaking of races, I’ll be posting an awesome race giveaway in the next few days! I cannot wait to talk about this one…to give you a hint, it’s a “speedy” one that takes place not far from me! 🙂 Likely will be up next week, as I want to get that one out there asap.
4. Hello again, Jillian. I am bringing the kick-ass trainer, Jillian Michaels out again. My current JM DVDs as well as a new one, Killer Abs will be keeping my butt going as I need to seriously ramp up my training! I also will be bring Bob Harper into the game, so will be updating on that fun in the coming weeks!
5. New Year’s Goals. I am against Resolutions, but I am all for goals. That said, I’m going to compile my goals for 2014 and will be putting it out there very soon. I encourage everyone to at least give themselves a few goals, some short-term, others long-term every so often. Of course, the New Year is always a popular time to get this started, but you don’t have to wait for a particular day on the calendar to start, especially when it comes to your health.