Well hey there! After moving last Saturday, I have had a non-stop busy week! I feel like I’m finally getting back into the swing of things at my new place. This move was a good thing for me, and I’m happy and positive about the future ahead! 🙂
1. New fibro meds. I went to my general doctor this week after a disappointing visit with my Rheumatologist last month. I wanted to try a new therapy, and was pretty much promptly shot down by the Physician’s Assistant. She seems to be very pro-Lyrica. So, I ask my regular doc if we could wean off of Cymbalta and get off of Lyrica for the new med. She said, sure let’s give it a go. I’m thankful that she has known me for years and listens to me. So, hopefully, the new med will get approved so that I can start it next week.
2. Wall of motivation. Now that I’m in my new place, I’m happy to have some of my stuff back on the walls of my room! My last place wouldn’t let me hang up my medals and such, so I have missed that motivation and inspiration. I am especially excited to be able to hang up my TCS NYC Marathon medals! Those are two of my proudest races, especially the 2015 marathon which was my dream race. No more bare white walls!
3. Toby on instagram. I’d love for you to follow my sweet, smart budgie on his new Instagram page! I started it last month, and plan on posting more videos in the coming weeks now that we have moved. Check his page out and follow him if you can please. Daily cuteness guaranteed! 🙂
4. Eating in check. A goal I have for this month (started this week already) is to get my eating and healthy journey back in check. While I have continued my workout regime, I’ve slipped on my eating and I don’t like that. I still want to drop a few pounds (ultimate goal is 8lbs), so gotta get serious! It’s never an easy thing, but I know I feel so much better when I eat better and weigh a bit less.
5. Half marathon training. My training has been going well. I am on track with with training, and I’ve got my next long run next weekend. Upcoming races are the PNC Atlanta 10-Miler on October 21st, then Wine & Dine Half Marathon on November 4th as a pacer for the 3:15 finish time. After that, it’s my goal race, OUC Orlando Half Marathon on December 1st. I’m looking forward to all of my races, but the Atlanta 10-Miler is definitely one I look forward to doing, as I get to get out of state for a long weekend and meet some runner friends I’ve only talked to online!