Happy Friday! We made it to August. It sort of felt like June and July were a blur to me looking back. 2020 has sure been a strange year. I’d really like to return to the way it used to be before this whole covid pandemic crud. Still hopeful for things to improve before the holidays.
1. I miss hugging. Speaking of the pandemic, I miss hugging and contact with those I love. Not being able to be close to my friends and some family since March has been hard for me. So over the whole social distancing thing. I’m a social person, so that’s hard.
2. RRCA Coaching Program. Next weekend, I will be taking the RRCA Coaching Certification class online. I’ve been wanting to become a certified run coach for awhile now, and I’m excited to finally have the opportunity to do so. With the current state of things, they are offering online classes right now. I will definitely post more about it after I take the class.
3. Paparazzi Jewelry. Have you heard of it? All $5 jewelry that is lead and nickel free. The friend that I live with has just started selling it. I have enjoyed getting some nice necklaces, bracelets and earrings through Paparazzi the last few months. You can check out her Facebook page if you are interested. They really do make some beautiful stuff.
4. Clif Bar Coffee Collection. I recently bought a box of the Dark Chocolate Mocha flavored bars and they are soooo good! They are becoming a new favorite bar. I have been breaking the full size bar in half and eating half at a time. Each bar contains one shot of espresso. They also make Clif Bar Coffee minis, which I look forward to trying next.
5. New Vlog Tech. Last week, I got a new “tech toy,” a phone gimbal. I have been trying to do more video for my new vlog during my runs, and I was told a gimbal stabilizer would be a help. I’m excited to start using it soon! Still learning a bit about it before I take it out on a run. I’ve also got my Akaso action camera (like a GoPro), so it’s nice to have some options.
How has your summer been going? Any new favorite things you’ve discovered lately?