What a week it’s been. I’ve been dealing with an on/off headache for a couple of days now. This happened to me last month as well, so not sure what the deal is with that. Maybe it’s a summer weather issue? I just hope this isn’t going to be a ongoing pattern. Headaches are no fun! Otherwise, I happy it’s Friday. I’ve got a 10k race this weekend on Sunday in nearby DeBary. So, Saturday will end up being my sleep-in morning rather than Sunday, which is a change of pace with my normal Saturday morning early morning runs.
1. Suck It Up Buttercup 10k. This is the name of the race I’m doing this weekend. I ran it last year and boy was it a hilly one! They actually relocated it to DeBary (was in Deland), so I’m not sure how the hills there will compare. Believe it or not, Florida does have *some* hilly spots. Obviously nothing like other states, but it’s not completely pancake flat, just mostly.
2. The X-Files. The new episodes premiere on 1/24/16! I watched the teaser Fox put out this week with a first glimpse of Mulder and Scully from the event season premiere. I’ve got my re-watching of all 9 seasons going! I am a huge X-Phile and even had a fan site when the show was on television. I’m very much looking forward to the 2016 event episodes! Yes, my geek is showing. 🙂 In case you missed the teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoIRNja8pMc
3. 26.2 with Donna. Please consider making a donation to this very important cause. As I previously posted, for every $10 you donate between now and July 25th, you will be entered to win one of two gift certificates from Skirt Sports. They specialize in skirts, but they sell much more! You’re donations are helping to finish breast cancer through the research Mayo Clinic is doing. Thank you for anything you can give!
4. A Race Like No Other. I *finally* finished reading this book. I have been so bad about my reading lately. It’s a great book, all about the NYC Marathon. Perfect timing for me to read this year. The author really captures a lot of the heart of New York in it and made me get even more excited (if that’s possible) for the marathon on November 1st. Definitely one to read if you’re a runner.
5. Dose change. I’ve been on the higher dosage of my anxiety/depression medication now for about a month. I think it’s making me feel more overly content. By that, I mean I feel okay with everything for the most part. I’m not completely numb, but I do feel like it’s restricting some of my motivation at times. So, I don’t know if I’ll stick with this new dosing or not. I think I’ll give it another 3 weeks or so and then see how I’m feeling. These sorts of meds are just weird, I mean you have to find that “happy place” with them, where they balance you, but don’t over-do or under-do it. Guess that’s why I have a love/hate relationship with them.
What’s going on with your life? I would love to hear about it!
Post a comment below. 🙂