Happy Friday! It’d the middle of May, and that means summer is around the corner. While I’m not looking forward to the hot humid weather (that’s already begun), I am looking forward to time spent at the pool and hopefully the beach in the coming months.
1. Memorial Day Weekend. It’s coming next week! This means a three-day weekend, and I would love to get out to the beach. Maybe a morning out on the boat with my friend and her husband, have to see what ends up working out. Fun in the sun that involves water for sure no matter what that may be.
2. Orlando Galloway. The new training season kicks off on June 1st, and I am excited about it. This will be my 8th season with Galloway training, and 6th as a pace group leader. I love being able to help others train for full and half marathons, it’s especially rewarding when it’s their first one of the distance! Being a part of a group is a lot of fun, and helps getting up early for those 5am runs easier when you’ve got friends counting on you.
3. Training. Speaking of training, I am working on getting my races for the Fall lined up. I know for sure that I’m going to do OUC Orlando Half Marathon again in December. I also will likely be running the WDW Half Marathon in January. Other than that, I am trying to decide if I will be doing the Zooma Amelia Island race(s) and/or St. Pete Run Fest. Would love to travel for something, but more than likely, sticking with stuff in the state for now.
4. Back in the saddle. So happy to have gotten back out on my bike the last few weeks. I hope to start riding out on the trails once a week when possible on Sundays. It’s definitely more fun that that stationary bike at the gym! 🙂
5. Working on my motivation. I’ve been experiencing a bit of ups and downs the last 2-3 weeks, mostly energy-wise. I think the summer temps may have caused me a bit of a fibro flare. Hoping to push through it asap and get my goals and all back on track! It can be frustrating when I get so tired, but I am getting better at listening to my body I think. It’s a balancing act and you just have to know when to push and when to get some rest.
I’m linking up with the Friday Five link-up! Please check out the blog host, Fairytales and Fitness as well as some of the other blogs. Have a great weekend!