Finally, it’s Friday! This has been a bit of a crazy week, but overall, I feel blessed. I had to go into the office yesterday for a team meeting (I work from home for those unaware), and those days always feel long. Overall, the day was pretty good, less for the very end, when I began to feel sick. I was congested, one of my ears hurt, had a headache and just generally felt blah. This was not something I was pleased about, as I don’t have time to be sick.
LOL 🙂 I decided to do a Five for Friday post today, allowed me to talk about a few things…
After dealing with stomach issues and all most of the night, I woke up yesterday still not feeling up to par. I ended up skipping not only Wednesday evening’s gym cross-training workout, but Thursday morning’s run as well. I knew that I had to listen to my body, and take it easy even though I kind of wanted to run yesterday morning. Thankfully, after resting up the majority of the day Thursday (and calling out of work to do so), I was feeling a good deal better late in the afternoon. As crazy as I am, I decided to give a gym workout a go, and it went well. So, whatever the heck my body was battling, I sure hope it has taken a hike! That said, here’s a few things going on right now…
1. Mocha Moo’s Hatch day. Today marks the fourth hatch day/birthday that our family Congo African Grey, Mocha is not here with us. She is constantly on my mind and more so today. She would have been 24 years old. It’s difficult to not have her around, and I don’t think I’ll ever not think about her. I am thankful for the almost twenty years we were fortunate to have spent with her. Mocha was a very sweet, special bird that forever changed my life.
2. Run for the Trees 5k. The annual 5k that I run each year around my birthday is tomorrow. This year, I’m dedicating those 3.1 miles to Mocha. I have run in her memory before, and it makes a run a bit more special, running for a loved one (human or animal). I’d love to set another PR at this 5k, as I’ve been able to do it in 2013 & 2014 at Run for the Trees. We’ll see how I feel on race morning and if I can push myself to hit another 5k PR.
3. Three-day weekend. Speaking of birthdays, mine is on Monday this year. At this point in my life, I don’t really celebrate much anymore. I mean, I’m getting WAY too close to that 4-0 number…but, I definitely don’t feel my age that’s for sure. Maybe that’s what truly matters, how old and good we feel. Age is just a number and date on our driver’s license, right? And, also the date that the state likes to wish me a happy birthday by requesting I pay for another year of registration on my car. That part of adulting I can surely do without…we just don’t realize how easy we have it when we’re kids. LOL!
4. Marathon break. This has been on my mind with all the races and talk of friends running Fall marathons later. Not running a marathon this year is kind of something I am already missing. It’s insane isn’t it? Wanting to get up early, run 20-something miles in training just for fun. Then, go do it again at a designated race. Yeah, I already knew I was a crazy runner, but not I may need to upgrade that to crazy marathoner. Is that a thing? Or, maybe it’s all just under the crazy runner category. Either way, I may need to have my head checked. 🙂
5. Working on me. I’m going to admit that I’m still struggling a bit with my food. I’m not logging as religiously as I should be, so I’m sure I’m not eating exactly how many calories I should be each day. I know I’m not going crazy overboard, but I also don’t feel like I’m staying accountable enough. So, losing the 5-8lbs I want to isn’t happening like it did last year. I’ve lost about a pound or so, which is good, but I want to get back to where I was last summer when I was marathon training. I felt like I was in great shape and just felt good. I’m not giving up though! I’ll keep on it, and I know I’m going to get there. It just might take longer than I originally hoped. On the good side, I’m feeling generally better about myself. That means I’ve made progress in the last few years!
How was your week?
Any plans for the weekend? Races?