I hope everyone is having a blessed Good Friday. Jesus was crucified on the cross and sacrificed himself for our sins on this day. He gave it all for us when he was beaten and nailed upon the cross. Jesus gave his life to save you and me.
1. Family time. I’m looking forward to going to spend time with my family this weekend. I will also be finally seeing the movie, ‘I Can Only Imagine’ with my mom and one of my best friends. It should be a wonderful Easter weekend, as family is very important to me.
2. New Garmin. Last Saturday, I bought myself a new GPS watch. I’ve been wanting a new Garmin for awhile, and getting my tax return was a good time to get it. It’s the one thing I bought for myself (the rest is going to bills), and I’m liking it so far. It’s the Garmin 35 and while it’s no Fenix (way out of my price range), it’s a great watch. It will be nice to have my runs on Garmin Connect.
3. CTM Band. Speaking of new things, I’ve also got a new recovery tool. As a BibRave Pro, we get the opportunity to review products, and I’m excited to check out the CTM Band. It was created by a fellow runner, who wants us to change the way we rehab our muscles and joints. It’s definitely a different kind of tool, and I’m excited to have the chance to review it!
4. Plantar Fasciitis woes. After last weekend’s local 10k, my PF flared up. Taking most of the week off from running helped as well as some TLC of my left foot. I was feeling so blessed to be able to get back out on Thursday morning for a 3 mile run, and am happy it seems a lot better now.
5. Vegan Halo Top. I’m becoming quite obsessed with the vegan Halo Top ice cream lately. Each pint is 360 calories or under, and I’ve been able to work it into my daily caloric goal. It is a great end of the day treat! My favorites right now are Candy Bar and Peanut Butter Cup.
Have a great weekend, everyone!