Just when I thought I was rounding that corner into feeling better, life throws a curve ball. While my thyroid medication dosage has been upped, it’s only been 7 days in. I was optimistic, and still am, but it’s not been easy. I felt okay over the weekend, but the work week has proven to be a struggle.
I just don’t feel like myself. It’s as though something inside of me is fighting with the me who I really am. My motivation is dwindling, and I’m pushing trying to not let it disappear. I want to run and workout, but I also want to just lay in bed all day and do nothing but sleep (or try to sleep). All I want is myself back. Right now, if you’re a friend, I ask that you pray and keep me in your thoughts.
1. Upcoming Races. Next month begins a few weekends of races. I’ve got the Best Damn Race 10k on 3/3, First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon on 3/17, and Winter Park Road Race 10k on 3/24. I’ve been looking forward to these races, especially Sarasota for awhile, so I am excited about my March running schedule. If you want to join me at the Sarasota Half, you can save $15 off with code RNRBRP2018.
2. Nutrition issues. I have to admit that this week has been a bit of a struggle with my food. Specifically, the last couple of days were rough. That said, I don’t plan on waiting for another new week, I restart today. No reason to wait for another week to begin to get back on the right track.
3. Celebrity Big Brother. Somehow, I flipped this on during the second episode and have sort of gotten into watching. Having watched previous Big Brother seasons, this one is different. The celebrities, who are really B-listers, seem to have more luxuries than house guests normally would in the house. It’s still interesting though, thus my getting sucked in. I’m a fan of Ross, he’s pretty entertaining.
4. Where did Spring go? We all know Florida doesn’t really participate in the four-seasons thing, but I was hoping that we might have some slightly cooler temps for awhile. The humidity seems to be back, and I’m beginning to feel it on my morning runs. I’m guessing this summer is going to be a hot one!
5. Do you UCAN? I recently posted that I was selected to be a UCAN Ambassador for 2018. In case you missed the post, I wanted to let you know that if UCAN is new to you (or you are already a fan), you can save 10% on your next or first order by going through this link: https://shop.generationucan.com/discount/UCANINSPIRESC2. Also, if you would like to get a trial pack, for the cost of shipping, which is $1.95. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll get you the info on that! I know you’ll love UCAN if you haven’t tried it out yet.