Hey friends, happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t be happier that the weekend is almost here. Of course, I always love Fridays (who doesn’t?), but this particular one represents the start of four weekends of half marathons for me.
I missed posting a Weekly Pursuit blog this week, but it will return next Monday! I just felt like I had a lot on my plate mentally and all at the beginning of the week, so I ended up skipping it. It will be a rare thing, that is, skipping that blog post, but I’m sure it will happen at times. Life is just crazy and unpredictable, so you just have to flow with it. 🙂
1. 26.2 with Donna. One of my favorite races is this weekend! I LOVE the 26.2 with Donna race weekend in Jacksonville. It was my first marathon back in 2013, and I’ve run the half in 2014 then the full marathon again in 2015. I sadly had to miss it last year due to financial reasons, so glad to be heading back up there to run again. It’s definitely one of the best races in Florida, hands down. And, this year is the race’s 10th anniversary!
2. Pacing the Disney Princess Half. If you didn’t see my post on facebook or twitter, I will be pacing the Disney Princess Half Marathon later this month! I’m not only excited to be pacing, but I’ve wanted to run the Princess race for awhile. It’s a race that’s on my race bucket list, so I’m totally looking forward to it. I also look forward to helping some fellow Galloway runners finish in 3:15, which is the time I’m pacing.
3. My FitJourney. I’m pretty stuck right now on my journey. By that, I mean the scale hasn’t budged, at all. And, I’ve tried moving it around the bathroom, hoping that would help, but yeah, just not the way it works. LOL! I do feel better, and that matters to me a good deal. So, I’m telling myself that while it’s a bit frustrating not seeing that scale downsizing, it’s a process that can be a bit slow at times. Patience and positive thinking will help get me through!
4. Skirt Sports! I’ve got some new Skirt Sports goodness enroute to me as I write this post. I won’t have the new skirts in time for this weekend’s race, but I plan on wearing one of them the following weekend to that half marathon. There’s just nothing like new skirts arriving in your mailbox! If you want to snag some Skirt Sports awesomeness (you know you do), head over to Skirt Sports and use code 1SSCAPT20 to save 20% off your order! If you’re curious what skirt style I am always wearing, it’s the Gym Girl Ultra. LOVE IT!
5. NYC Marathon. The lottery countdown is on! If you have been considering entering the 2017 marathon lottery, you’ve got just seven more days until the February 17th deadline. Then, the anticipation for the actual drawing on March 2nd begins! I know I’m already counting the days…I mean, it’s not like I know there’s 20 days left or anything. LOL!
Have a great weekend, friends!