Happy Friday! TGIF for sure! I’m always happy for Fridays. 🙂
It’s hard to believe that we are 9 days away from Christmas! Where has the year gone? Honestly though, I’ve very much looking forward to the end of 2016 and the beginning of a new year. 2016 hasn’t exactly been the nicest year to me. I’m extremely optimistic and positive for 2017!
1. Hot Chocolate 15k this weekend! I’m running the Hot Chocolate 15k this coming Sunday in Tampa for BibRave. It’s a race I’ve been looking forward to running. Not to mention that I get to see a friend I’ve known since I was like 9 years old and haven’t seen in forever.
2. Slaughterhouse Five. Finally reading this book on my Kindle Fire. So far, I am liking it. But, I’m not even close to the halfway point yet. Will have to post more about my thoughts once I finish the book.
3. 2017 WDW Half Marathon. I’m excited to announce that I will be pacing the Disney Half Marathon next month during WDW Marathon Weekend! I’ve been wanting to get into pacing races, and this will be my first go at it. I will be pacing the 3:15 time goal Galloway group. If you see me out there, say ‘hi!” I will also be at the expo on Friday, the day before at the Galloway pacer table in the afternoon for a bit.
4. Secret Santa fun. With all the things going on with my move and money (or lack there-of), I had to cut down on doing much in the way of participating in Christmas Secret Santa type things. But, I opted to join in with my fellow Skirt Sports sisters for our Secret Santa, and I can’t wait to see what my Secret Santa gets me! It was a little difficult shopping for my secret sister, but I think I got a few things she will like. I like fun surprises, and I hope she does too!
5. Team 413. I would like to ask you, my awesome readers and friends to please consider supporting Team 413. I’ve posted about the organization before here on the blog. They really need donations to keep funding their efforts in 2017. If you believe in what Team 413 GraceRunner Ministries does for our running community in spreading the word of God through the hearts of endurance athletes.