Happy Friday! I’m definitely happy that it’s Friday, because this is the start of my four-day weekend. I am actually headed up to Atlanta for the Atlanta 10 Miler that is on Sunday. I haven’t been on any sort of racecation or short vacation in months, so it’s exciting. Having dealt with health issues most of the year, I’m finally feeling better and able to take some time off for fun stuff again.
1. Atlanta 10 Miler race. Like I said, I’m running a race on Sunday! It’s my first race of the season, and I’m looking forward to it. I was hoping to fly up to Atlanta on Friday, but unfortunately, I waited too long to try to book a flight. The prices went up like crazy! So, I’m driving up from Orlando. It’s about a 6 hour drive, so hopefully the traffic isn’t too bad. With the race being on Sunday, at least I will have Saturday to enjoy the area a bit with my fellow BibRavePro friends!
2. Savella dose increase. As I posted last month, I’m now on a medication called Savella. I have been on 50mg, but as of Tuesday night, I have gone up to 75mg. Been feeling like I needed more than the dose I was on, so I asked my doctor to increase a bit. I don’t want to go up more than I have to, but I also need to find the right dosing that makes me feel best. On the good side, I’m not feeling anywhere near as exhausted as I used to. I believe that getting off of the Cymbalta made a difference.
3. Koia Plant-Based Drinks. I finally tried these, and I LOVE them! My favorite is the Cinnamon Horchata. I found them at my local Publix and I’m sure they are also at other health food stores. I only wish they weren’t almost $4 a piece! At 190 calories each and 18 grams of protein, it’s a perfect quick breakfast or snack. I had one after my run the other morning, so good!
4. Garfield Halloween Run 4k. This past Sunday, I did a local fun run with Track Shack. In honor of Garfield’s 40th birthday, the Halloween run/walk was a 4k, which is 2.4 miles. Run with Character is the sponsor of the race, and they also put on on the World’s Grumpiest Race with Grumpy Cat (which I am a Brand Rep for). There are a still spots left in the virtual Halloween run, so if you want to earn that fun medal, sign up!
5. New TobyMac album. My favorite artist, TobyMac just released a new album titled The Elements. It’s awesome. I love everything TobyMac puts out, the guy is awesome and uses his talent for the glory of God. His songs have spoken to me at many times in my life, and The Elements does the same. I pretty much only listen to Christian music nowadays, because in my opinion, it’s the best music out there. 🙂