Happy Friday! We’ve made it to the end of the work week! I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely happy for the weekend. It’s been a bit of a crazy week work-wise as well as otherwise. My ADD brain has been going in overtime it feels like. Not to mention how emotional the week has been here in Orlando.
While still praying for the families and the city and keeping them all in my thoughts, I have been trying to keep my usual schedule going and all. I’ve learned about some people I know that have connections to victims both that lost their lives and injured in the shooting, and that just makes it even more real when you realize how even closer the loss is.
On a lighter note, here are five things on Friday…
1. Embracing the track. This season, I’m working on embracing the track. We have the option to do track workouts on Thursdays during the training season, and up til now, I’ve pretty much avoided them. This season, that changes. The track work is what’s going to help me better my half marathon times which is what I want to do. I did my first track workout of the season yesterday and it was good stuff. Humid and all, but was good to get in something different and to challenge myself.
2. Doctor visit. I went to the doctor on Monday to get the results of my blood work. Everything seems pretty much in balance less for needing to up my vitamin D. The thing about Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis though is that while it will appear to be under control through blood work, it likes to still bother you. So, the exhaustion is likely still due to my thyroid. However, my doc thought it was a good idea to get a sleep study done soon. Might help explain why I don’t get many good night’s of quality sleep with all of my tossing and turning. I also learned that due to my thyroid issues, it isn’t recommended that I donate blood. That just means that I find other ways to support causes that I want to help like after the tragedy here in Orlando.
3. Father’s Day/Mom’s Birthday. This Sunday is not only Father’s Day, but it’s also my mother’s birthday. Two special days in one! I always have a hard time trying to figure out what to get my dad because he’s not the easiest person to get gifts for. Usually what I end up getting him is jams, coffee and hot sauces or the like. Or, some sort of blu-ray DVD. Right now, I’m still trying to figure out if I can do something “out of the box” this time around. Since I have Saturday to shop, I figure I’ll pick up something then. Mom’s birthday is also Sunday, and she’s easier to get things for. I’m sure it helps that we are closer than I am with my dad.
4. Girl’s Got Sole FB Page. In case you missed it, I’m giving away at least two SQoosh sweatbands once the blog’s facebook page hits 1k likes! The page is just over 700 likes right now as this is posted, so share with your friends who may like the blog. If you’ve never heard of SQoosh bands, trust me, you want one for your next run! They are THE best sweatband for runners.
5. National Flip Flop Day. Today is National Flip Flip day, which is a day that all Floridians can appreciate. Some businesses are offering freebies if you come in wearing flip flops today. Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the business that originated the “holiday,” is giving away free smoothies. Head into Tropical Smoothie Cafe from 2:00pm through 7:00pm to get a free Jetty Punch smoothie! I don’t know about you, but I’m heading over right after work with my Oofos on! 🙂
What are you doing this Father’s Day weekend?