We all have our favorites, those movies that are a must-see every Christmas season. I’ve been feeling in the need of holiday cheer, so I thought I’d do a blog post about my favorites. These are the movies that I will definitely be watching this weekend.
1. A Christmas Story. Hands down, my top pick when it comes to Christmas movies. Heck, at least one channel runs marathons of this one every Christmas, and I admit, I end up watching it at least a few times. So much goodness and fun in A Christmas Story, it’s hard to just pick one scene or moment that I love best!
2. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It’s so close to being my number one, but it just slightly gets edged out. It’s full of so many hilarious scenes, and Chevy Chase is just awesome. Christmas just isn’t Christmas time without the Griswalds!
3. Miracle on 34th Street. I’m talking the classic film, from 1947. No remakes for this one. This is one that reminds you of the magic of Christmas and believing in it.
4. It’s a Wonderful Life. Another American classic from the 1940s, that has become a must-watch every Christmas. An angel intervenes to save a man who tries to commit suicide on Christmas Eve by showing him how much his life has touched so many. This one is obviously perfect to watch on Christmas Eve, which I plan to do this Sunday.
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas. The true meaning of Christmas is beautifully shown through the Peanuts comic strip characters. I HAVE to watch this one each year, it’s most definitely not Christmas without Charlie Brown!
Those are my top five, but others I love to watch each Christmas season include: Home Alone (1 and 2), The Santa Clause, Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Frosty the Snowman. I admit, I haven’t seen Elf, so I am sure it will rank in here once I do (it’s on my to-watch this weekend 🙂 ).
What are your favorite Christmas movies?