I have high hopes for the new year. 2010 in my mind is going to be great. Yes, there will be downs with the good of course, but I plan on making it a year to remember.
This said, I have started to make goals for myself. One goal is to read more in the new year. I used to read a lot. Need to get back to that again, as I love reading. After deciding to do this, I had to think. How many? Just to allow myself to add new books that might come out, I’ve set my list at 25 titles. I would like to read at least 35-40 if I can though by year’s end. We shall see how that goes. Here is the list of the first 10 I plan to read. To be fair, I may end up adding something not on the list in here, but I do plan to definitely read the following:
1. Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. The Yiddish Policemens Union by Michael Chabon
3. Look Homeward Angel by Thomas Wolfe
4. Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
5. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
6. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
7. 1984 by George Orwell
8. Naked by David Sedaris
9. Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett
10. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Starting before January 1st with Sherlock Holmes. Will begin to read this tomorrow.