Anyone else feel like the days are all dragging and running together? This month has seemed so long, and it looks like April will be a repeat of the same. I’m really hopeful that the corona pandemic improves in the next 2-3 weeks and we can get back to normal in May. If that’s possible and the right thing to do.
1. I’m thankful to still be able to get out and run. My race schedule may be up in the air, but I can still lace up my shoes and get out for a run! I’m working on keeping a mileage base of 6 to 8 miles, which will keep me fit and training consistently. Also, getting back into my speed work again, trying to hit the track at least once a week as long as it remains open and available.
2. Since the gym closed, I knew I’d miss getting in my twice weekly bike workout. Yes, I can take out my actual bike (which I hope to do soon), but I do like cross-training indoors when possible on the bike. I was able to get a folding exercise bike for just over $70 and it arrived on Friday. Did my first ride on it yesterday. Not completely the same as the gym stationary bikes, but I’m happy to have the option.
3. Keeping my fitness going and food as much in check as possible are so important for me. While losing weight may be more difficult having to be inside so much right now, my goal is to at least maintain my weight. I’m keeping up my intermittent fasting, and fast 14 hours a day on average. Going to try to push myself in the coming weeks to keep up those good health habits and try not to have too many extra snacks outside of my plan. It won’t be easy, but I’m gonna try!
4. Anyone been watching the new The Biggest Loser on USA? The finale is this week (tomorrow, Tuesday at 9pm), and I’m looking forward to seeing how well all of the contestants have done. As well as find out who the Biggest Loser will be for this season. I’m honestly rooting for everyone of these folks, so it’s been hard to pick and choose a favorite. I just hope the new tools they have been given of gym memberships, nutritionists, and support systems will help them with the mental and emotional aspects of weight loss. It’s definitely all important, because you have to be so strong all around to not only lose the weight, but to keep it off as well.
5. I’m starting to do regular videos! While I did a couple at the start of the year, I haven’t been as consistent as I’d like. So, I’m letting this whole corona ordeal get me into posting some kind of video a few times a week. This will expand into other videos about running, working out and other things. I’d love to hear thoughts on what you’d like to see video-wise if you like watching vlogs!
Hope everyone is staying healthy. I’d love to hear about what you’ve been doing to stay active. Are you getting out for runs in your neighborhood? Let me know in the comments.